Freelance Creative/Writer/Brand Storyteller October 2013 – Current
- Helping shape the conversation from brands to consumers in a meaningful way. Bringing more than 17 years of industry experience across the broadest ranges of categories, providing everything from the simplest writing task to concepting ideas and integrating strategies.
Content Director April 2014 – September 2015
- Writing in this business has evolved in a way many couldn’t have predicted over the past decade. Luckily for me, one constant has remained; brands need to connect to consumers in meaningful ways. I make those connections, one piece of content at a time
- Managed, directed and mentored team of three writers, plus multiple freelancers
- Worked with clients like Kroger Brands, T. Marzetti Brands, Evenflo Feeding and Shaw Floors. Helped create overall brand voices, social identities, content calendars, video content, long-form blog writing, brand mantra videos, influencer campaign creative, case studies and more.
Senior Writer April 2011 – October 2013
- Lead writer for multiple accounts across B2C and B2B brands including Carnival Cruise Lines, Dewey’s Pizza, Evenflo, Fruit of the Loom, Ware Inc. and Hamilton County Public Health Group.
- Helped develop digital strategies, web solutions, and brilliant creative that helped take our clients to the next level, delivering strong results on every project.
- Helped build the LEAP’s Cincinnati office, growing from 1 to 10 employees in less than 2 years.
Associate Copy Director October 2009 – September 2010
- Responsible for creating holistic campaign ideas as well as copy development across multiple digital touch points. Those areas include video, brand websites, promotional microsites, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, and display media.
- Developed strategy, content calendar, and created and maintained the global brand voice for Pringles Social communications including Facebook fan page, blog, Twitter, etc.
- Worked on global marketing campaign to launch Pringles Multigrain, creating communications across multiple digital platforms.
Senior Copywriter April 2008 – October 2009
- This is where I really started to cut my teeth in the digital world. Gained valuable interactive experience with ToppsTown.com, where I helped lead the team with copy, game creation, user experience and with a general knowledge of sports that most interactive guys didn’t have.
- Took on leadership role for mass media projects including Topps (Interactive, TV and print), Sears Optical (TV, print OOH), Kid Cuisine (TV and web banners), Cincinnati Bell (TV, print and radio) and the WonderGroup website.
- Worked on several new business pitches, working with the team to determine strategy and help execute the creative. Used a 360 Degree approach, writing for all mediums including TV, Print, Websites, Web banners, Social media, Radio and Out-of-home.
Copywriter May 2004 – April 2008
- I had other jobs before this, but this was the place that helped set my career on its way. I worked on everything from developing creative strategy, to creating multimedia campaigns, to new business pitches to client presentations. Served as lead writer for TV, radio, print, outdoor, direct mail, web and other non-traditional mediums. Helped create and maintain brand voice for all clients.
- Clients include: Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cincinnati Bell Telephone, ZoomTown, iWireless, YMCA of Greater Cincinnati, SUMA, Northern Kentucky, Department of Health, FarmRich Foods, SeaPak, Geese Management Systems, Falls View Casino, Cincinnati Roller Girls
HSR Business to Business
Junior Copywriter January 2003 – May 2004
- They say any experience is good experience. This is where I learned a more technical style of writing while still being able to develop my creative side executing print, direct mail, brochures and sales collateral.
- Clients included: Hobart, AK Steel, Kodak Professional, Flight Options, Cincinnati Bell and Makino tools.
October 2001 – January 2003
- When it was hard to get a job after the economy crashed, I served as a hired gun for any agency that would have me. I worked on a few fun projects here and there, but ultimately, I worked as a substitute teacher and store clerk in a liquor store. I learned you can’t get what you want, if you’re not willing to work for it. And I paid my dues.
Education: University of Kentucky 1997-2001
Bachelor of Science – Integrated Strategic Communications (Advertising)
Awards and Highlights:
2012 Davey Awards
Best in Show: The Making of a Movement – Interactive Multimedia
4 Gold Awards: Elevate Your View (Website), The Making of a Movement (Interactive Multimedia), Dewey’s Pizza (Website), WeTHRIVE! (Billboard)
8 Silver Awards: WeTHRIVE! (Commericals), The Making of a Movement (Interactive Multimedia Graphics & Special Interest), Dewey’s Pizza (Websites Self Promotion, Restaurants, Web Graphics, Retail)
2012 Communicator Awards
Gold Award of Excellence: The Making of a Movement Interactive Multimedia – Health & Wellness
Gold Award of Excellence: The Making of a Movement Interactive Multimedia – Graphics
Gold Award of Excellence: WeTHRIVE! Commercials – Public Service
Gold Award of Excellence: WeTHRIVE! Film/Video – Charitable/Non-profit
2012 Cincinnati Addy Awards
Gold Award – WeTHRIVE! – Out of Home
4 Silver Awards – WeTHRIVE! (Out of home, posters, campaign)
2008 Cincinnati Addy Awards
Judges Choice & Gold Award- “Canadians go home” (Radio)
2007 Cincinnati Addy Awards
Gold Award – “Suma Fatherhood Project” (MM Campaign) “Theme Week” (Radio)
5th District Addy Awards
Silver Award – “SUMA Fatherhood Project”
Regional Annual – “SUMA Fatherhood Project”
2006 Cincinnati Addy Awards
Gold Award – “Lottery Tickets” (out-of-home) “Dial-up Man” (TV)
2005 Cincinnati Addy Awards
Judges Choice & Gold Award – “The dial-ups” (TV)